Sunday, September 28, 2008

cuz ya gotta have faith!

Sorry for the Wham lyrics but I'm in one of those hear a phrase, think of a song modes.

Our I171 renewal has not come yet and I can't get an answer from CIS Des Moines to check on its status. Our social worker told us to give them until October. Waiting for this is stressing me out!

Our agency is not getting any more waiting children from China at this time. Now, instead of being able to provide a home for a toddler with a special need that truly needs a family's love and care, our only option is to wait for a healthy baby. We requested information on Taiwan adoption from another agency thinking we could find a waiting toddler much easier/quicker. If we switch to Taiwan we would have to prepare another whole dossier. Is it harder to continue to wait or harder to do everything all over from the start? Are we even on the right path anymore? I was so sure that adoption is God's plan for us but now I'm doubting everything. When I woke up this morning I prayed for a sign to let me know that this is right for us. I was spacing off during the sermon and started concentrating on a banner at the front of the church that says "Faith, Hope & Love abide". To me it was a message that I need to have faith that this is His plan. Hope for the day we will finally get Lila. Love for Gerry, Grace, Lila, and God. So now I feel more sure that adoption is right and Lila is somewhere in Asia, but is it China or Taiwan? I need to do some more research. I would really hate to leave our agency because they are very experienced and respected in China. I tend to think of them as part of the family because of everything we have experienced so far and they are the agency through which Connor & Natalia (niece & nephew) came home.

No comments: