Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bob, goodbye, I love you

I had a big loss in my life today. Our neighbors growing up, Bob & Marian, were more than neighbors, they were a huge part of our lives. Especially to me. I lost my Bob today.

Mom was going to college when I was little and started teaching again the year I started school. Our kindergarten was every other day so on my off days I went to Bob & Marian's I was there so much that they call me their "little Chrissy". They are my extra set of parents. In so many ways they are an extension of our family, to me, to my sisters, to my parents. So many childhood memories include them. I even took Gerry over to meet them when we were dating before we got married. Bob meant so much to me that he would have walked me down the aisle if Daddy hadn't been able to. He was always there to the extent that everything I see tonight since he died (Grace's toy sheep, the cat, a silly email from my sister) brings back a memory of him. I feel like a part of the foundation of my life has been removed. Even though his health has been failing the past few years, I really didn't expect it so I'm still reeling a little from the shock. I haven't talked to my Marian yet. The kids and grandkids are there tonight so I know she is surrounded by love & support.

I love you and I miss you.

No comments: