Sunday, August 15, 2010

Season of Change


I'm sitting here fascinated by the chrysallis our caterpillar spun today and thinking of all the changes going on around me. 

Becky, Natalia, and Connor are flying home as I type.  I keep thinking about what we will do together this week and then realize our wonderful summer together is at an end.  Thanksgiving seems far, far, away. 

Grace starts first grade on Tuesday.  I will miss her being home every day but know she will have so much fun and learn so much this year, like she did last year. 

Lila starts preschool on Thursday.  It's a big change when your baby will be gone every morning.  She will do so well and will change and learn so much!  What will I do to keep busy when she's not here? 

It's a beautiful cool day, only about 80 degrees, with a light breeze.  Is this change in the weather the beginning of fall or just a break from the heat of this past summer?  I love fall and that peaceful, reminiscent mood it invokes. 

No comments: