Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Adoption Day to us!

August 4 was the 2 year anniversary of our Adoption Day!  We had dinner at a very authentic and incredibly delicious  Chinese restaurant, thank you Gold Mountain!  It was so good that we don't even want to go back to the 2 places that are only a couple miles from home. 

We started a tradition last year of taking a family photo for Adoption Day.   Here is this year's pic. 

It doesn't seem possible that it was only 2 years ago that we were in China meeting our baby girl and learning about the place and culture of her heritage.  

3 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Adoption Day!!

Mary Schneider said...

OH HOW I REMEMBER THIS DAY!!!! I think you win the award for "Most drawn out gotcha moment!" Poor Lila..through the rain, the chaotic traffic, finally approaching the hotel on foot (well, in the arms of a caregiver)...it just unfolded in such an unexpected manner.

But look at her now! Look at both your girls! What beauties! So happy you all are doing well!

Lots of love!

Alan and Jodi said...

Wow! You guys look wonderful and so happy on the 2nd anniversary of adoption day. I'm so happy for you guys. Hey, I just noticed your comment about "moving day" and had to respond. No, we didn't go through Iowa, it was more of a southern drive through Missouri then through Texas over to Arizona (posting pics soon). I think I've lost your email so please connect with me at: aljofred2travel(at)gmail.com - I'd love to catch up! Blessings to you all!!!