Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's a great day to play!




Lila and I dropped Grace off at school on Wednesday and hit the road! We drove 2 hours to St Joe Missouri to see our friends from China. Greg, AJ, and Mikayla were with us the entire trip. Mikayla is from Chongqing too but a different orphange than Lila. They are from St Louis but were in St Joe visiting family.

The girls took to eachother immediately and played with toys until we went to lunch. They held hands for the walk to the restaurant (each squeaking along in her squeaky shoes). They were so cute together. Of course their cuteness impressed everyone at Applebee's! Even the little boy at the next table, our girls were flirts. Mikayla was too distracted with everything going on to eat. Lila kept telling her she needs to eat and finally decided to feed Mikayla her applesauce. It was darling, watch the video. (I can't get the video to download, I"ll add it later)

We got back to their hotel and got the girls changed into their suits and headed to the "heated" pool. It was ok oncce you got used to it but could have been much warmer. The little girls were shivering after about 45 minutes so we got them dried off and warmed up. Went back to the room to change. Played a little more and left for home. Lila and I stopped to get gas then while I was getting on the freeway I realized I had left my phone in AJ's room. That was a quick detour back then we got home in time to have dinner with Daddy and Jiejie.

It was so great to see them. AJ and I talked and talked and talked and the girls played so well together. It was a wonderful day with the girls.

1 comment:

Mary Schneider said...

Hi Chrissy,

It's so wonderful that you were able to visit with AJ. Seeing the girls together brings tears to my eyes. There's an obvious kinship between them. It's amazing. Our Chongqing girls are so precious.

I was able to watch the "applesauce" video on AJ's blog. Lila looks so happy and beautiful. She has really come a long way....all these girls have!

Hope all is well with you! I'll try to check in more often!