Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break

We had a longer than usual Spring Break this year.  With a whole week and an extra day off we had lots of time for lots of fun. 

It started off with Grace's Spring music program at the end of the day Thursday.  The little guy in the picture in the suit is our neighbor, he informed us that he was looking very "dapper" in his suit that day! Dallas is always good for a laugh!



Grace had a zoo class on Sunday.   Lila and I wandered around a cold & breezy zoo while Gracie learned about beavers.  I didn't take any zoo pictures, we're there so often that I am at the point that I don't take the camera.  I did take a picture of the project Grace made.  I was really impressed by her beaver drawing and lodge building. 



Monday was an extra-fun mini vacation day for the famly at Coco Key waterpark!


 Our little Queen-of-the-Beach!

 
And the Splash Princess!

Gerry even had time to get busy on the shower and made a lot of progress.  The plumbing, electrical, and duct work are done.  We made a trip to Menard's to pick out the vanity, tile, and flooring!  We can see enough progress that we are all getting very excited to have this big project DONE!!



Helping Daddy hammer those screws in...


Building an airplane from construction scraps.  I laughed when she was doing this because of the memories it brought back.  I was in first grade, just like Grace, when my parents started the major remodel of our family farm house.  I used to take scraps of wood and nails and nail them together into many creations.  I guess she gets it from me.  ;-)

No comments: