Friday, August 14, 2009

The flight home

It's midnight in China but 11:00 am at home. I have already moved my watch ahead to home time so I know how much longer until we get there. Lila is sleeping on Gerry while he watches the in-flight movies and tv. Right now, it's Mythbusters. Lila has slept a lot on the flight, both her nap and bedtime. She had a happy, awake, playing & eating time for a couple hours. She and Gerry also walked up and down the aisles a few times.

We still have to have lunch, land in Chicago, go through immigration, customs, and then wait for our evening flight to Omaha. I wish we were on an earlier flight. I want to get home to my Gracie. I miss her so much.

It was hard to say goodbye to all our friends when we left Guangzhou. Mary promised to organize a reunion, if she doesn't I will. Hopefully we will all stay members of our travel group Yahoo group and can keep in touch and keep the kids in touch. We will especially miss the 4 families in our Chongqing group since we were together the entire time.

I hope all goes smoothly with immigration. All they really have to do is stamp her paperwork and she's home so I don't foresee any issues. I was surprised that I had to show it at check-in this morning and the airport in Hong Kong, I hadn't heard of anyone having to do that before.

Have I mentioned how much I miss Grace? I cannot wait to hold her close and give her a thousand kisses, all the kisses we didn't get to share while we were apart. I miss her smile, her laugh, and the joy that she spreads.

This flight seems eternal, I originally thought we arrived in Chicago at 12:30 then realized it's 2:30 so I have an extra 2 hours that I had forgotten about. With those 2 sleeping in the aisle seat, I'm trapped in the window seat. Creepy guy in front of me actually reached back and closed MY window. You know I immediately opened it back up and gave him one of those looks when he looked back at me. GET OUT OF MY SPACE! Somebody else smells like chewing tobacco which is totally making me want to gag. It's probably him or the chick next to him who has her purse under her seat so it's where my bag should be...can you tell I'm in one of those moods??

I need to mail my left-over yuan to Stacey and have her buy the girls a couple more qipaos or chongsams or whatever they're called I would like a few more ornaments too. I loved my little shop. I hope Stacey enjoys her time in China. They should have a great trip but I know she will desperately miss Lily. I can't wait for her to experience the joys of those first days with Ella.

Chris, Mike, and Meilyn left Hong Kong this morning through SFO to Chicago. We thought we were on the same flight but we're not. They were so much fun. The similarities were hysterical, she was a travel agent, I worked in travel, Mike was in the Navy stationed in Norfolk, so was Gerry, they are now both electronics technicians, our names are almost the same, we both have polka dotted glasses, we have beautiful little girls from China, and she is my SEASTAR! (insert hysterical laughter that nobody else will even kinda understand here) I wonder if she's on Facebook...

We'll be home soon, my family will be complete!

No comments: