Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday in Guangzhou

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Today is Monday. Sunday was a slow day. We walked to a nearby park in the morning, it was unbelievably hot but a beautiful park.

We had a group dinner last night for the families that wanted to go. We walked to a Cantonese restaurant near the hotel. The food was wonderful, the Chinese beer was refreshing, and Lila was really funny. She decided to feed herself so she & Daddy were covered with noddles and fried rice. She was trying to feed him and that smile was melting the whole table. This is a wonderful group of families all with beautiful babies.

This morning we slept until about 8 and took our time getting ready. Lila and I went to breakfast about 9:15. Gerry came down about 1/2 an hour later. We have been doing this the past few days to give him a break and so she & I can spend some calm time together. She cries when we leave and all the way down in the elevator (we're on the 15th floor) but once we get off, she's quiet and we have a nice breakfast. I have switched her from congee made with white rice to Raisin Bran hoping that the whole grains will help with the constipation caused by her megacolon. I really really am anxious to get her to Dr Prestridge, our pediatric gastroenterologist. She has her appointment in September.

After breakfast we went with Jenny and Mary to the nearby grocery store. We needed some water, juice, and pop. Lila is crazy about pop. Grace won't touch it so we're not used to keeping it out of reach of little hands. She's good at grabbing things. This afternoon we go back to the clinic to have her TB test checked then to the pearl & jade markets. I already told Gerry I plan to spend a lot of money. I love the cool, smooth, feeling of jade and want to get something fabulous for me, my girls,and for some gifts.

We were able to rent a stroller from the hotel for 20 yuan (about 3 dollars) per day from the front desk. Lila enjoyed her ride with no fussing at all. We were both scared it would bring on a tantrum. She is really warming up each day. I even got a big laugh and smile from tickles this morning instead of her cringing when I tickled. I am getting smiles and eye contact more and more unless she's tired then it's all about her Daddy. I am so relieved to be seeing the happy side of her personality bloom.

TTYS
Chrissy

No comments: