Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sleep baby sleep...

I am awestruck. I am content. I love my family. The most precious thing happened this evening. Lila let me rock her to sleep for the first time since August 5. The girls had their bath together, Lila looked at Grace a little perplexed like, "Why aren't you crying??" then was quiet for about a minute. I think it was the first time she had ever stopped crying during a bath. So I got her out and into jammies. Grace stayed in and splashed around then Lila joined us in Grace's room while Grace got into jammies. We went down for a snack, Lila doesn't like pear yogurt so she started screaming, I wouldn't give in so we switched to grapes, she ate one but still wasn't happy. On a whim I picked her up and took her outside. She quieted down. We went back into the kitchen, picked up her grapes, and her drink, and headed out to the porch swing. She loved it!! We ate all her grapes then sat and swang and rocked. She was out pretty quickly. I tried to take her inside but she woke up so we continued to rock in the rocking chair in her room. I tried to lay her down but she woke up so I went back to the swing. She woke up when I tried to come back in. I had to finish a couple things before going to bed so I gave her to Gerry who was asleep in our bed with Grace. They are all asleep now. I feel so blessed that she let me have this precious quiet snuggly time with her. Every day brings us closer.

I added the slide show to our first post from Beijing. Enjoy it!!

Chrissy

1 comment:

Rose said...

Hi Chrissy,

So happy that you guys are settling in! Seems like forever since China already! Wishing you all well!

Rose