Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Research China

China families, have you heard about this service? 


http://www.research-china.org/


I first heard of Brian Stuy from a fellow adoptive family while traveling to China in August 2009.  I finally contacted him Sunday.  Last night I received his response.  He is able to provide us with not only a picture of Lila's finding ad, he has an extra copy of the actual newspaper!  I got goosebumps when I read that last night.  We were given a very poor quality, blurry, grainy, photocopy with our adoption information so this is really an exciting find.   This will be the youngest picture we will have of Lila, possibly the first picture ever taken of her.  I will post the actual picture as soon as we receive it! 

3 comments:

Angie said...

We did this for Laura, and it was so special to have a new baby photo of her. Can't wait to see it!

AJ said...

I am so glad you finally did this. I can not believe you waited so long. We got the whole works. The ad/pic and actual paper etc along with video of finding places. We also got the graph and all that explains the odds and all of her finding her birth mom. It was awesome I did it for her so that if she decided to search she can see the search I did already years before her and know that she will probably not find any more than I had.

Mary Schneider said...

We used Brian just after receiving Kai's referral. Did you ask if he has a video of that area of Chongqing that Lila was born? Just like AJ, we got a video of the most common finding locations in Qianjiang district. Kai's finding location is filmed as part of the video. Even if it wasn't, I would have been glad to have the video because it shows so much of her birth district, including her SWI. It means a lot since we, just like you, weren't able to see it ourselves.

Can't wait to see that cute, baby face.